top of page

Business Services

Corporate Compliance Services

We assists clients with the increasingly complex landscape surrounding I-9 compliance, including :


  • Verification issue

  • Social security mismatch letter best practices

  • State-level immigration obligations

  • Responses to Customs and Enforcement, and Department of Labor audit letters:

  • Emerging State Laws and Regulations
  • E-Verify
  • I-9 Policy Development, Compliance, and Training
  • I-9 Auditing
  • Contractor I-9 Compliance Program
  • Government Audit and Investigation Response
Nonimmigrant Visas​ for Work


B-1 - short-term business activities


E-1 - oversee a business that is engaged in substantial trade in the U.S.


E-2 -  operation of an enterprise in which they have invested a substantial amount of capital.


F-1-  pursue a full course of academic study at a U.S. college, university, high school, primary, or elementary school.


H-1B - “Temporary Professional Worker”


H-2A - "Agricultural Workers"


H-2B -  nonagricultural employment which is seasonal, intermittent, to meet a peak load need, or for a one-time occurrence where U.S. workers are unavailable


J-1 - exchange visitor programs


K-1 - fiancé(e) of a United States citizen who is entering the United States planning to marry within 90 days.


L-1 - The L-1 nonimmigrant visa category is for international companies with an

existing branch, subsidiary or affiliate office located within the United States,

wanting to transfer foreign employees to their operations in the United States


O-1 - individuals with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics, or with a record of extraordinary achievement in television or motion pictures.


Q-1 - iinternational cultural exchange program(s) in the U.S.


R-1 -  religious workers coming to the United States on a temporary basis.


TN - Canadian citizens  to work the United States in very specific occupations.




Immigrant Visas for Work
Categorized as the EB series, several visas are available for immigrants to work in the United States, all of which may lead to legal permanent residency:

Employment First Preference (E1): Priority Workers


A First Preference applicant must be the beneficiary of an approved Immigrant Petition for Foreign Worker, Form I-140, filed with USCIS.


Employment Second Preference (E2): Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees and Persons of Exceptional Ability


A Second Preference applicant must generally have a labor certification approved by the Department of Labor. A job offer is required and the U.S. employer must file an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, on behalf of the applicant.


Employment Third Preference (E3): Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers (Other Workers)


A Third Preference applicant must have an approved Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker, Form I-140, filed by the prospective employer. All such workers generally require labor certification approved by the Department of Labor. Skilled Workers, Professionals, and Unskilled Workers (Other Workers) receive 28.6 percent of the yearly worldwide limit of employment-based immigrant visas, plus any unused visas from the Employment First Preference and Second Preference categories.


Employment Fourth Preference (E4): Certain Special Immigrants


A Fourth Preference applicant must be the beneficiary of an approved Petition for Amerasian, Widow(er), or Special Immigrant, Form I-360, with the exception of Certain Employees or Former Employees of the U.S. Government Abroad (see number 3 below).


Employment Fifth Preference (E5): Immigrant Investors


Immigrant Investor visa categories are for capital investment by foreign investors in new commercial enterprises in the United States which provide job creation. Select Immigrant Investor Visas to learn more about this employment-based category.


© Law Office of Imelda Mulholland, LLC

bottom of page